Singapore is one of the top 10 countries for Chinese student study aboard (Source: China Daily). Business courses are the most popular majors for Chinese students, then followed by engineering, liberal arts, accounting, science and other degrees.
How to Apply a Singapore University
There are seven steps to the Singapore university application
- Step 1 – Choose your course and university
- Step 2 – Submit your application
- Step 3 – Submit the required application documents
- Step 4 – Receive your admission decision
- Step 5 – Accept offer letter
- Step 6 – Apply for the student visa (Read our information on the Singapore Student Visa to make sure you are aware of the requirements in advance)
- Step 7 – Arrive in Singapore
Entry Requirements at Singapore University for Students from China
University entry requirements are vary depending on the level of courses and also the university you choose. The following information is general guidance of the university entry requirements to study in a Singapore university. In Singapore, most undergraduate Bachelor’s degrees are three to four years courses, and postgraduate master degrees are usually one year.
Undergraduate Studies for Students from China
Most of Singapore Universities accept Chinese National University Entrance Exam (Gao Kao). As the medium of instruction was not in English, you will need to submit an English language score such as IELTS or TOEFL.
If you have taken other international qualification such as the International Baccalaureate Diploma, you are also qualified for direct admission to undergraduate courses at Singapore universities.
Postgraduate Studies for Students from China
Most Singapore universities accept China students who have completed their Bachelor’s degree that is equivalent to a Singapore undergraduate bachelor award.
Some universities require students to have a GMAT or GRE score. If the medium of instruction of your undergraduate studies was not in English, you also need to submit an IELTS or TOEFL score.
Remember, you should always check the specific entry requirements for the courses and also the university you choose.
Chinese Student Living in Singapore
- The Chinese are the largest ethnic group in Singapore. 74.3% of the Singapore resident population are from Chinese ethnic group (Source: Department of Statistics Singapore)
- Singapore is one of the top 10 countries for Chinese student study aboard.
- China culture centre is a great place for students to hang out to enjoy Chinese music, dance, performance and activities.
- Chinese New Year is celebrated in Singapore every year, everyone has two days of public holiday for it.
- China town is one of the top-rated tourist attractions in Singapore. Chinese New Year celebration event and other festival light show is an excellent time to visit.
- According to statistics published by the Ministry of Trade and Industry, there is more than 6,500 Chinese business located in Singapore.