Singapore is one of the most popular oversea study destinations for Indonesian student. Majority of them are studying at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Business, management, engineering, are the most popular subjects for Indonesian students, followed by social studies and communication courses.
How to Apply a Singapore University
There are seven steps to the Singapore university application
- Step 1 – Choose your course and university
- Step 2 – Submit your application
- Step 3 – Submit the required application documents
- Step 4 – Receive your admission decision
- Step 5 – Accept offer letter
- Step 6 – Apply for the student visa (Read our information on the Singapore Student Visa to make sure you are aware of the requirements in advance)
- Step 7 – Arrive in Singapore
Singapore University Entry Requirements for Students from Indonesia
University’s entry requirements vary from year to year also depending on the university and different course you choose. Certain high ranking university admission is quite competitive due to limited places available.
Undergraduate Courses Entry Requirements
Students who have completed high school with Indonesian SMA Ujian Akhir Nasional (UAN) are eligible for direct admission for universities in Singapore. An English language score such as IELTS or TOEFL is required if English is not the medium instruction of prior studies. Usually, the requirements of the score are IELTS 6.5 to 7.0 equivalent.
If you are studying the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or other international qualifications, you are also eligible for direct admission to the first year of a Bachelor’s degree in Singapore.
Postgraduate Courses Entry Requirements
For postgraduate courses, universities in Singapore accept applicants with a bachelor’s degree. Requirements of the grades are differ depending on the course and university you are applying.
TOEFL or IELTS score is required if English is not the medium of prior undergraduate instruction. Generally, the English language test score requirement is IELTS 6.5 to 7.0 equivalent. Some top-ranking universities need students to submit a GMAT or GRE score.
Indonesian Students living in Singapore
As a part of south-east Asia, there are lots of Indonesian studies and living in Singapore. You can be sure to find lots of events, food, and societies easily.
- Singapore and Indonesia are both ASIAN countries, and it wouldn’t be much of a culture shock for Indonesian students would not have the culture shock.
- Indonesian cuisine is very popular in Singapore, Indonesian restaurants can be found easily found across the city.
- Most of Singapore universities have Indonesian student societies. It provides an excellent opportunity to make friends and enjoy Indonesian culture, food and events.