There are many students from Malaysia study undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Singapore. Courses such as engineering, business, medicine law, social studies and mathematical science are the popular subjects for Malaysian students.
How to Apply a Singapore University
There are seven steps to the Singapore university application
- Step 1 – Choose your course and university
- Step 2 – Submit your application
- Step 3 – Submit the required application documents
- Step 4 – Receive your admission decision
- Step 5 – Accept offer letter
- Step 6 – Apply for the student visa (Read our information on the Singapore Student Visa to make sure you are aware of the requirements in advance)
- Step 7 – Arrive in Singapore
Entry Requirements at Singapore University for Malaysia Students
University application requirements are vary depending on the course and the university you choose. The following is only general guidance of the university entry requirements to study in a Singapore university. In Singapore, most undergraduate Bachelor’s degrees are three to four years courses, and postgraduate master degrees are usually one year.
Entry Requirements for Undergraduate Studies
The Malaysian Higher School Certificate – Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) and Malaysia Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) are both accepted by universities in Singapore. For the admissions to higher-ranking universities, you will need good pass score in each subject.
If you are studying the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or other international qualifications, you are also eligible for direct admission to the first year of a Bachelor’s degree in Singapore.
For some universities, the score of SAT/ ACT/ IELTS/ TOEFL is a must for students with international qualifications.
Entry Requirements for Postgraduate Studies
Singapore universities accept Malaysian students who have completed a Bachelor degree. The grades are depending on the course and university you are applying. TOEFL or IELTS score is required if English is not the medium of prior undergraduate instruction. Generally, the score is IELTS 6.5 to 7.0 equivalent. Some universities need students to have a GMAT or GRE score.
Malaysia Students Living in Singapore
- Language in Singapore is not a barrier for Malaysian students. English is the national language along with Chinese, Malay and Tamil.
- Singapore is the neighbouring country of Malaysia, Singapore wouldn’t be much of a culture shock for Malaysian students would not have the culture shock.
- Most of Singapore universities have Malaysian student societies. It provides an excellent opportunity to make friends and enjoy Malaysian culture, food and events.
- The non-profit organization Malaysian Association In Singapore (MASIS) is a platform for all Malaysian who are residents in Singapore to connect and support each other.