Below are 6 things which you didn’t know about JCU Singapore. Number 5 will definitely excite you.
- First institute to be awarded EduTrust Star. EduTrust Star is the highest award a private education institute can receive in Singapore by CPE.
- Recognized as Private University in Singapore. James Cook University Singapore campus has been awarded “University Status” as one of the outcomes of the Singapore Australia Free Trade Agreement (SAFTA). This allows JCU Singapore to be called and recognised as University.
- Leader in Aquaculture Research. JCU ranks among the top 5 institutions in the world for aquaculture research. On 3rd October 2018, JCU together with local institute collaborated on establishing Aquaculture Innovation Centre to grow aquaculture enterprises locally and regionally.
- Tropical Institute. JCU has established the Tropical Future Institute to conduct research in science, health and social science. The first focus for this institute is research about the sustainable production of aquaculture species together with international business and trade in Asia.
- Inter-Campus Mobility Program. This program allows students to study two semesters at Townsville and Cairns campuses in Australia.
- On-campus Psychology Clinic. JCU Singapore has a working clinic which is open for students and external visitors.